Type THW PVC Insulated Wire can be used for many different commercial and industrial applications. These cables may be installed in wet or dry locations, indoors or outdoors, in raceways, underground ducts, aerial or direct buried.
The wire may be operated at 75° C maximum continuous conductor temperature in wet or dry locations and is listed by underwriters laboratories for use in accordance with article 310 of the National Electrical Code.
1. Listed by UL as Type THW per Standard 83.
2. All sizes carry the VW-1 flame test designation.
3. Listed by UL as Oil Resistant I.
4. Listed by UL as Sunlight Resistant (250 kcmil and larger, black only)
5. 250 kcmil and larger pass UL and IEEE-383 ribbon burner flame test
and are listed For CT Use.
6. Conforms to Federal Specification J-C-30B.
Annealed uncoated copper conductor, PVC insulation, surface printed.
|Conductor||Class B, soft drawn, bare copper per ASTM B3 and ASTM B8. Both tinned copperconductors and extra-flexible conductors are available as options.|
|Insulation||Heat and moisture resistant polyvinyl chloride (PVC) meeting the requirements of ICEA S-95-658 (NEMA WC 90) UL 83 for Type THW and wires. The insulation is suitable for use in wet or dry locations at a conductor temperature not exceeding 75° C for normal operation.|
|Assembly||Single conductor cables can be paralleled or multiplexed for more efficient installations. Single conductor cables can also be pre-installed in conduit.|